Sparta Fit Bulgaria goes to Varna Throwdown 2019! We manage to register 6 of our spartan family, and we are so excited!
Varna Throwdown is an international fitness competition that takes place by the Black Sea in Bulgaria! The competition happens on the 1st and 2nd of June (yes, it is only 2 days).
You can check announcements and pictures from previous events in their official instagram acocunt: Varna Throwdown @varnathrowdown Instagram Profile
Take a look on how was last year event Varna Throwdown 2018…
220 Athletes will win a spot in the finals through online qualification.
This year, 2019, we manage to register 6 of our athletes in the Varna Throwdown, and qualification period has already started (it goes until the 24th of March 2019).
- Qualify 19.1A: 49h position – Video 1, Video 2 (best result).
- Qualify 19.1B: 11th position 991 m; Congrats Monika, AWESOME result.
- Qualify 19.2: 12th position – 643 reps; In beast mode, Monika manage to perform many rounds till time cap at 12 minutes after 8 rounds – Video 1, Video 2 (even better)
- Qualify 19.3: 37th with 184 reps – Video 1, Video 2
- Final ranking – 28th out of 64 athletes!!!
We highly recommend you to watch the Video 2, until the end, to see how well executed and also the struggle to go further, followed by even a real screaming in the end of it!
- Qualify 1A: 66th position 2:07 – VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2 (best result).
- Qualify 1B: 11th position 1160 m. Congratulations Valentin, awesome overall result, and you are in top 40 of almost 110!
- Qualify 19.2: 107 reps, 36th position – VIDEO 2, VIDEO 3 (best)
- Qualify 19.3: 235 reps, 11th position – VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2, simply WOW!
- Final Ranking: 20th of 103 athletes! Indescribable, just awesome, we can’t congratulate you enough for this
- Qualify 1A: 95th position; cap 3:00 (-2) – VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2 (best result).
- Qualify 1B: 36th position; 1107 m – Good job Hristo, let’s keep it up in order to go to the beach in June!
- Qualify 19.2: 58 position with 60 reps – VIDEO 1.
- Qualify 19.3: 44 position with 205 rep – VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2.
- Final Ranking: 62th, and CLASSIFIED (Varna Throwdown invited a few more athletes)!
- Qualify 19.1 A: 75th position; 2:18 – VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2, VIDEO 3 (best result).
- Qualify 19.1 B: 41th position; 1102 m.
- Qualify 19.2: 51th position; VIDEO 1
- Qualify 19.3: 78th position; VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2
- Final Ranking: 67th, very close, for sure in the waiting list!
- Qualify 1A: 99th position; cap 3:00 (-6) – VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2 (best result).
- Qualify 1B: 32th position; 1112 m.
- Qualify 19.2: 61th; 51 reps.
- Qualify 19.3: 93th; 105 reps.
- Final Ranking: 80 out of 103… well, we still have chances over the “lucky losers” waiting list, but next year for sure we will see you there in Varna!
Rx Master+ (for over 40 years old)
- Qualify 1A: 18th position 3:00 (-7 rep) – VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2 (best result).
- Qualify 1B: 14th position 1018 m.
- Qualify 19.2:
- Qualify 19.3:
- Final Ranking
Qualification WODs – Varna Throwdown 2019
Qualify 1A and 1B (announced on 4th March 2019):
Wod 1A: Combo: 10 rounds – 60 kg, 1 deadlift, 1 hang squat clean, 1 squat clean (3 minutes cap).
Wod 1B: Rowing 4 minutes – Score is the distance in m.
These are the weights to be loaded for each of the 10 categories. 60 kg – 70 kg for men and 35 kg – 45 kg for women.
The Qualifier 1 Rule Video:
Qualifier 2: (announced 11th of March 2019).
In 90 seconds, athletes must complete:
- 5 Snatches
- 7 Burpees over bar (lateral)
- 9 Toes to bar
- 35 Double Unders
* Resting the remainder of the 90- second window
* Continues until the athlete fails to complete the required task within the allocated time cap.
Qualifier 3: announced on the 18th of March 2019.
13 min AMRAP of:
- 50 Wall Balls,
- 25 chest to bar pull-ups,
- 50 front rack lunges,
- 25 chest to bar pull ups,
- 50 box jump overs
Qualification Deadline: 24th of March 2019.
This post will be updated with more information as the qualifiers events are announced!